Tuesday, August 25, 2009

How Do You Dial 911?

There shouldn't be any problems, but officials with Putnam County's E-911 center say they will be switching over the phone lines Wednesday from their old location on Carlen Drive to their new location off South Willow Avenue. If you have trouble getting through on 911, you should call the regular number for an ambulance. That's 528-1555. 911 director Randy Porter says he doesn't anticipate any issues with the switchover, but says even if there are 911 problems, the regular phone numbers for the ambulance service, police department and sheriff's office should not be affected. The new 911 center is located on a street called County Services Drive. It will not only house the county's ambulance service, but also have offices for the fire department, rescue squad and emergency management agency.