Monday, November 23, 2009

Governor Bredesen Attends Fincher Fundraiser


Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen came to Putnam County last week as the special guest of State Representative Henry Fincher of Cookeville. Fincher held a fundraiser at Delmonaco Winery in Baxter. More than 100 people attended and heard remarks from the Governor, State Senator Charlotte Burks, and Fincher himself. All three spoke of the need to work hard to bring jobs to the Upper Cumberland and for government to live within its means and not raise taxes on working families.


"I thank my friend Gov. Bredesen for all he has done for Putnam County," Fincher said. "I appreciate him coming up here tonight to show his friendship. And when I went to Nashville, I knew I already had one friend - Charlotte Burks. She's smart, hard working and wise, and it's a pleasure to work with her to try to make some things right."