Sunday, June 13, 2010

CMA Music Fest Takes Toll On Cookeville Resident

A Cookeville resident was one of the hundreds of people who suffered from heat exhaustion or some other medical condition during the CMA Music Fest this year. Pat Robertson told Nashville's Newschannel 5 that it was "just absolutely too hot" when she began suffering the symptoms of heat stroke. Just after 11:30 Friday morning, Robertson became overheated near the corner of Third Avenue and Broadway. EMT's transported Robertson to a first aid station at Riverfront Park so she could cool down. But it could have been worse. Two people reportedly fractured their ankles by falling on the first day of the festival. And a security guard working the festival died during the event.