Friday, August 6, 2010

Nelson Wins Trustee's Race

Putnam County's new Trustee, as of September 1, will be long-time educator Freddie Nelson. The Democratic nominee outpolled Republican Michael D. Lane in voting across the county. Nelson garnered more than 59 percent of the vote, while Lane had the other 41 percent. Meanwhile, the only other contested race on the county wide ballot was for Road Supervisor, where independent Harvey Summers had announced that he would not be actively campaigning for the seat. Still he received 26 percent of the vote, while the interim road supervisor and Democrat nominee Randy Jones got just under 74 percent. In other races, sheriff David Andrews, county clerk Wayne Nabors, circuit court clerk Marcia Borys and register of deeds Harold Burris were re-elected without opposition.