Monday, February 28, 2011

Putnam Man Injured In Meth Lab Explosion

Putnam County sheriff's detectives say they found the components of a meth lab operation when they went to investigate a fire on Sunday in which a Baxter man was seriously burned. Officials say 29-year-old Brian Chad Argo of Thomas Twin Oak Road was airlifted to a hospital in Nashville. Two other residents of the home -- identified as 31-year-old Jennifer Rose Plummer and 41-year-old Spencer Walker Amonette -- were charged with initiation of the manufacture of meth. Authorities say the fire occurred in a bedroom of the one-story brick home and that some neighbors reported hearing an explosion. They say they found several of the ingredients commonly used in manufacturing meth, including lithium batteries, Pyrex cooking dishes, and plastic tubing.  Plummer and Amonette were jailed under $10,000 bond and will be in court on the charge March 21st.